Thing #9-Proportions- Flickr Style

287/365 -" There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Sir Francis Bacon by Geekygirly

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekgirly/2590028071/sizes/l/



The topic I chose for this "thing" was proportions.  It was interesting to see the pictures that were tagged as "proportions".    Many times, proportionality is difficult for students to "see".  I typically use pictures from the textbook, or online to help link the lesson with pictures.  Through Flickr and photosharing, I am provided another source for being able to go and find real world examples of proportionality that students can visually "tie" to the lesson.  Great!  


2 comments:

THE KNIGHTS said...
June 22, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Great idea; I - not having taught 7th grade math - never considered using Flickr for that purpose - I like it.

maryw said...
June 25, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I like this idea too - very creative! :-)

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Jeffries Jabber. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.