Thing #17- Podcasting

Podcasting.............hmmm.....................I believe that podcasting has some positive aspects, however, making sure you find an interesting one- based on the delivery- could be an adventure.  Many of the podcasts that I have subscribed to are terribly boring and I found that I had difficulty paying attention.  My husband is a big NPR fan- I just don't really enjoy it= seems so boring to me!  :)  Many of the mathcasts that I found were video podcasts- probably due to that fact that math has to be viewed in order to understand.  I don't know- I am just not super crazy about these either.  They just seem so boring!  I need to spend more time searching around and see what else I can find!

I have a couple of podcast feed to my Google Reader but nothing educational.  I have a movie review feed- it's o.k.  It just gives a short review of different movies.  I also have a feed from FamilyFun.com that provides short videos on "How To" do family craft projects.  

One educational podcast that I listened to was Dan's Math Cast.  It was terribly long and difficult for me to listen to.  Dan just rambled on about different things- some math related, made some jokes and just talked-  I am not sure my students would be interested AT ALL!  Maybe I need to check out some other casts besides math.  UGH!

I found a podcast on 60 second science- I thought it was pretty neat.  This would be a great tool to use as an introduction to a lesson, to get students engaged and excited about their learning.  I can also see where these podcasts would spark some good discussions in class.  This one was pretty good-   :)

I'm not giving up- I am going to continue to search for some podcasts that I feel would be useful for  my classroom.  Hopefully I will have some success!

1 comments:

THE KNIGHTS said...
June 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I also had a difficult time finding useful podcasts; please share any great ones you find.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Jeffries Jabber. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.