Thing #2- Thoughts on Web 2.0

a day in the life

Change:
-through the vast use of computers since I began teaching
-how technology savvy our students are vs. just a few years ago
-the need to incorporate more technology in the classroom in order to keep up with the needs of the students
-the need to update our computer systems to stay up with learning 2.0

Teaching math seems to be a bit more complicated in making the learning 2.0 switch but I can see the benefits. Learning 2.0 has the ability to link all learners in the community to the common goal. At some point the switch will need to be made or everyone will be left behind. Technology as we knew it, is no longer. I am amazed at the changes in technology just in the past 5 years. I can only imagine what changes that are yet to come.

We are already having difficulties in education keeping learners engaged. This will not get any better without incorporating technology into the classroom. Technology is what these students are interested in- its what they live and breathe. We have to find ways to relate to them and stay up with these changes as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
June 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Jennifer...keep the faith...I was wondering how to do this in the math classroom, but I'm finding there is a wealth of information out there. I've made it to Thing #4 and I'm spending soooo much time wandering around the blogs I've found I forget what I'm supposed to be looking for! :)

THE KNIGHTS said...
June 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM

You will learn several things in here that you will have difficulty incorporating in the classroom. However, you will find "something" that will be useful - even if it's using a wiki for collaborating with other math teachers!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Jeffries Jabber. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.