Thing #7- Outta My Comfort Zone

As with most other people's blogs I have read, commenting is not my favorite thing to do so far.  Depending on the type of blog, commenting is not always easy to do.  I understand the importance of commenting and like to read the comments posted on my blog.  I am just not always sure what to say or even how to say it.  I don't mind leaving comments when my friends leave posts about their personal lives but I have a hard time leaving comments on blogs of people that I don't really know for fear that I might sound silly or be completely misunderstood.  

So...................I have set myself a new personal goal for my "Learning Contract" stating that I would study up on ways to become a better commenter.  I am reading through the links that have been posted and doing a little research on my own.  I also plan to force myself to make comments on blogs on a regular basis.  So I apologize ahead of time if I get on anyone's nerves with my commenting.  I am just trying to better myself!  :)  After all, how can I expect to get comments on my blog- because I love to get them, if I am not doing it too?  Something to think about...............................................................

3 comments:

Aurora Hartley said...
June 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Commenting can be hard for me too. I am like you and don't know what exactly to say. I like to be the unknown viewer. I like to read what other people say about the blog but don't want anyone to know that I was there.

Mrs. Helms 5th Grade said...
June 20, 2009 at 8:26 AM

It does seem kinda weird sometimes having a conversation with people you don't know. I read one of the blogs about people who only go out and read blogs but never comment are called "lurkers". I don't want to be called a "lurker" so I am going to have to get out of my comfort zone and start making comments. I hope it will get easier for us as we do it more. Let me know how it goes for you.

maryw said...
June 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM

One of the principals who took this class in the spring was delighted to find that the author of the blog she commented on responded to her comment and even e-mailed her some information in response to their blog conversation. Leaving a comment or question can really get you connected to people you wouldn't otherwise come in contact with. It has made our world a lot smaller!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Jeffries Jabber. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.