Thing #4- Exploring Blogs

I have found in reviewing different blogs that they are written in a variety of ways.  Some are written asking questions and wanting responses while others are written as just thoughts.  As far as the reading and writing is concerned, they are similar to what we already know, reading is reading and writing is writing.  On the other hand, they seem a little more casual in the reading and writing than what we are typically used to- like textbook reading and writing.  Blogs are written more like the way we speak and think.  Less casual- per say?  

I like the way ideas and thoughts are shared through comments made.  I found this particularly interesting in PATRICK'S UPDATE.  It was touching to see the motivational comments made by Patrick's readers.  I am sure that these encouraging words were invaluable to Patrick's success in passing the 5th grade!
blog particularly interesting.  This has always been an area I struggle with in my teaching and it is interesting to see others' takes on the "hot topic!"
Because I am a math teacher, I had to check out the math blog SP-817 Math Blog.  I was a little disappointed in what I saw, however I am sure that it makes sense to the followers of this blog, it was a little confusing to me.  I can see where this type of blog would be beneficial for students.  

In a nutshell, I think that blogging is a neat way to share ideas and communicate with others. I have several friends that have blogs and I love to read them and just catch up on what is going on in their lives.  I have often thought that I needed to start one but was unsure about how to do it or if I would have the time to keep up with it.  I think now- I might have to start!  :)


2 comments:

THE KNIGHTS said...
June 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I checked out the math blog, it is a lot. However, I like the links to other math resources!

Perez' Ponderings said...
June 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Hey, lady ! I'm assuming you've finished (or pretty much finished) and may not actually see this. I had to focus on my Intel class and then had computer issues interfere, so I have not progressed as far as I'd planned. As a result, I am in serious catch-up mode.

I also looked at Patrick's 5th Grade blog. This could be useful in motivating some of our struggling students. I haven't read the homework blog, but probably need to do so. I suspect I'm not alone in NOT having given much homework (from what I understand, this is a big issue school-wide). I'm guessing my reasons are not the same as Mr. Myers.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Jeffries Jabber. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.